Subject: [Leica] FYI
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun Sep 17 18:24:11 2006

Verticle shutters not reliable?  Hah, I have a 1972 Nikkormat with a copal
square in it, it just keeps on ticking.  I have a late sixties Topcon with
the same copal square, keeps on ticking.  I have a couple of EOS 1's with
veritcle shutters, a little over four seconds a roll and they keep on
ticking.  Some shutters have problems, the shutter that Canon put into the
630, 650 would loose it's lube on the blades and die very suddenly.  The
shutter in the 8008, N90, F4, F5 have been extremely reliable with hundreds
of thousands of frames MTBF.  I believe that the R9 shutter is a close
relative so I would have no worries about the shutter until you have taken
200,000 frames or so.

All in all not what you could get in the old M's but not bad at all.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com