Subject: [Leica] Anyone know about Ultrastrap?
From: leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Mon Sep 18 16:03:47 2006

On 18 Sep 2006 at 18:34, Michael Volow wrote:

> No it's not Up-Strap. The pictures of  the Up-Strap show that it's
> straight
> and doesn't seen to have a curved center section, that contoured straps
> usually have. But from your recommendations, it sounds like Up-Strap
> functions well.

Is it possible that the strap you're remembering was a manufacturer's
strap, no longer made?  I have a Mamiya strap on my RB that's very
much like what you describe except that the center is flat-cut
leather rather than the curved contour model...

If you can't find the one you want, there's the contoured op/strap,
IF you can stand having a stretchable center.  I can't... the guy who
sold me my RB had one on it, and until I could get one of the
originals again, it just drove me nuts.

I'm considering the UpStrap for the SLR's, but for some reason that
wide pad just makes me a little dubious.   I'll stay with narrow neck
straps on the M's.
 --

R. Clayton McKee                           http://www.rcmckee.com
Photojournalist                               rcmckee@rcmckee.com

Replies: Reply from jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] Here's an ultrastrap)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Anyone know about Ultrastrap?)