Subject: [Leica] people watching a football game NOW: CELL PHONES AND LEICA M8!
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue Sep 19 14:58:55 2006

Adam Bridge offered:
Subject: Re: [Leica] people watching a football game
> Complete with <insert prejudicial term here> on cell phones and
> playing games in the stands....
> > arrrggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!
> > A great capture - too good for my taste. I DO hate cell phones.<<<

Adam I agree with you 100% because unless under an emergency situation
they're nothing but a damn pain in the ass! Ignorant people who never turn
them off in restaurants, theatre, church! And worst of all, yapping away
while driving! Aaaaaaaahhhhhhh KILL!!! ;-) Oh and yes they have! :-(

Drivers and cells should automatically loose their driving privileges and
cell phone for a minimum of 2 years for openers if they're in a crash or
fender bender.

Hell there's enough dumb butt people driving as it is without yapping and
distracted while driving!

OK folks rant off. :-)

I did have one as a Christmas gift a couple of years ago, paid the monthly
fee on time and never told anyone I had a cell phone. But like digital
things I never learned how to do all the damn things it could, because if I
needed it I'd surely be upside down in a sinking vehicle or boat requiring
an immediate response team assistance! :-)

It would be a very quick emergency conversation! :-)

However, my number became an in coming call some how and I gave the phone to
my grandson and cancelled the contract! His mother set it up again under his
name. But he could only use it for keeping in touch with his mom & dad or an
absolute emergency situation., Grandpa's rules! :-) Hey I can be a mean
assed Mother when it comes to seeing my grandchildren get through life as
safe as possible. I know I'm a mean assed G'pa, tough!

I want him to learn how to carry on face to face conversations, not the
addled brain crap most people most go on with on a cell phone.

Yes I acknowledge they are most useful in emergency situations and have
saved lives.

But the dumb blonde driving her convertible at high noon hair blowing in the
wind laughing in conversation about the night before is about as far from an
emergency as one could be. Unless her husband finds out! ;-) But in that
case I think it might be a tad interesting to listen in! ;-) ;-)

Hey it wouldn't be polite to listen on a conversation like that! ;-) Oh
yeah!!!! :-) :-) Get all ears man! :-) Of course it would be as long "you
weren't there engaged in the last evening's romp! " ;-)

Oh yeah I forgot the Leica reason! :-)  ... Tomorrow afternoon I'll have the
good fortune to play with an M8, :-) Tom Abrahamsson's and I'll give you the
old man's opinion absolutely unbiased. True, I will, and after 50 years M
experience I figure it's going to be interesting. Don't change the channel!
:-)
ted

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] people watching a football game NOW: CELL PHONES AND LEICA M8!)
Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] now LEICA M8! (again))