Subject: [Leica] Umbria 2006
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Tue Sep 19 20:15:50 2006

The 2.2 vs 1.8 gamma thingie? My 24" is same res as yours, 32 bit and also
calibrated.
I think that the pics ought to look darker on your Cinema HD display, if
calibrated and using 1.8. If pics are for display on
monitors and the sRGB colour space is chosen, then 2.2 is the better choice.
Note I don't mean it's the best. sRGB (which has 2.2 as
part of the spec) and indeed gamma compensation does yuck things to the
images. But it is the majority "standard" for web display.
Of course if your end result is prints and the on-line versions just a
bonus, then your monitors ability to approximate what comes
out of your printer is the only important consideration.

8-b
Colour managed Hoppy