Subject: [Leica] Re: the dynamic range of digital
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Wed Sep 20 06:37:41 2006

Thanks B.D. I certainly don't claim to be an instant expert on the technical
side of digital. That would be impolite. I do read
everything posted on this sort of issue to further my knowledge. I also
enjoy many articles from Luminous Landscape. There's a
disconnect in there somewhere regarding what Doug has said and your own
posts. I do know that Doug exhibits superb results from his
DMR and your own from the Olympus gear is very good indeed. I've enjoyed and
learned from both many times. Your subjects and
equipment are quite different. I regret that this has become somewhat
combative as a thread. That's a disappointment. I shan't
comment further then, except to say that I still learnt new things.

Cheers
Hoppy