Subject: [Leica] Re: the dynamic range of digital
From: bd at bdcolenphoto.com (B. D. Colen)
Date: Wed Sep 20 07:23:10 2006

George, it's impossible to disagree with your opening line - obviously,
whatever methods Doug's using he's getting great stuff. The question is -
could it be even better?

And I don't think anyone is suggesting blowing the highlights - the holy
grail in digital exposure is to have that histogram right up to, but not
over the edge, of the right side - and I'm perfectly free to admit it's a
grail about as difficult to get to consistently as was the grail in the
Indiana Jones movie.;-)
B. D.