Subject: [Leica] Re: the dynamic range of digital
From: bd at bdcolenphoto.com (B. D. Colen)
Date: Wed Sep 20 11:35:31 2006

Well Doug, I'm glad that Mark could make clear what you're saying - because,
having read your previous posts, I know that this is the first point in this
most pleasant exchange when you've said that what you're compensating for is
the difficulty the DMR's - and virtually every camera's - matrix meter has
in reading contrasty, bright light situations - which is something we all
know from "photo 101."  And I also know from reading your posts that they've
been focused on something completely different - that being whether the DMR
is allowing you to dial in a -1 exposure factor because it somehow reads
light differently from other camera's sensors.

B. D.