Subject: [Leica] Kodak Sensor in M8
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Wed Sep 20 00:50:03 2006

It really is an interesting point though regarding Kodak's position in the
market place. When I was a young adult in the photo
business in the 70's, Kodak was seen as the giant in film.
Now they are amongst the leaders in sensor design/production, but that film
business seems to be just barely hanging on in my
perception. I still have my Kodak letter advising of the death of Kodachrome
here in Australia. Also had to find a replacement for
HD200 and that was a colour neg film that I used a lot of in compact cameras
particularly. I thought colour neg would be the last to
fold, but that range too is narrowing.

Cheers
Hoppy with a lot of Astia, Velvia, Provia, Reala, Superia and Ilford bw's in
my stockpile.