Subject: [Leica] Professional Leica Users?
From: jon.stanton at comcast.net (jon.stanton@comcast.net)
Date: Wed Sep 20 09:10:23 2006

 Like many of the LUG member's I am an advanced amateur. One of my "Real"
jobs is as a Tax Accountant. I have had many Pro Photographer
clients...seems once your name gets out that you are a photographer that
does taxes the referrals just roll in....All the "News" guys and gals shot
with whatever the paper supplied them with...Nikon/Canon
exclusively...almost all said their favorite personal camera was a Nikon
F...a few liked the Leica M, one Contax and almost none Canon. One client
would not talk of anything except "Hassy's" (High profile wedding
photographer). The next year...the Hassy's became junk! He had just bought 6
of those early Kodak digitals built on an F5 body...$12k apiece if I recall?
He offered me his Hassy collection for a "deal" Right... He was selling them
at 80% of their original cost, and they were beat to death....off course he
had already written them off on his taxes. The next year it was the Kodaks
that were all junk.
Dunno what he shoots with now...I moved out of the Bay area 5 years ago. I
have one guy that did switch from Contax to Leica R to Nikon D1 (His clients
demanded the change). He now shoots with the Digital R and is thinking of a
D 200 or D2x....