Subject: [Leica] Musings on the M8...
From: s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov)
Date: Sun Sep 24 08:46:12 2006

On Sep 23, 2006, at 11:00 PM, TTAbrahams@aol.com wrote:

> I  am looking forward to "go digital", but there is no way I am
> giving up on
> film.  At the moment there are more than 2 miles of film in the
> freezer  and
> watching that print pop in the developer tray beats looking at a
> computer
> screen anytime. I can see the M8 shine in "Hail Mary" situations.

> Tom  Abrahamsson
> Vancouver, BC
> Canada
>  (http://www.rapidwinder.com/) rapidwinder.com

The digital SLR, with it's many zooms is actually a more compact kit
than the earlier Nikon and Canon set-ups a lot of pros have had to
carry in the past. When I used film commercially, I also carried my
Rollei for 'my' shots. With the current lighter load it's much easier
to carry a film camera along. In my case I carry around a IIIA with a
2.8cm Hektor. It never raises a hackle, unlike the SLR. If anything,
I'm shooting more of my own material on film. Since I don't have to
consider another film camera on a shoot, it keeps the confusion level
to a minimum.

Slobodan Dimitrov

Replies: Reply from rclompus at mac.com (Richard Clompus) ([Leica] Photoshop Problem - need advice)