Subject: [Leica] a delicious bass
From: leica at dmason.net (Dave Mason)
Date: Mon Sep 25 06:32:24 2006

Daniel Ridings <dlr@dlridings.se> writes:

>> Thanks Daniel! I agree, a 50mm would have been better. I couldn't get
>> closer without being on stage and usually at this club the 35 works
>> like a charm but the bass player was further back... as bass players
>> tend to do.
>
> I know the feeling. As much as I like working with my 35mm in clubs,
> the 50 usually comes in handy more often. I do a lot of jam
> sessions. Now-a-days I _can_ get up on stage so I do so now and
> then. The club is so crowded.
>
> You might want to try Neopan 1600 at EI 800 some day. It can pull down
> the contrast and give you some things to play with at the darker end
> of the scale.

Someone once told me that Neopan 1600 is really just 800 speed film
with a 'one-stop push' on the label - not sure if that's true but I
always thought it could make some sense. Unfortunately in that club it
is very hard to use 800 as it is quite dark.

In that club I used to try to keep the lights in the shots too - with
the smoke I could get some lovely beams. Now the club has gone smoke
free which I LOVE, except for my lovely beams ;)

Dave

Message from rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] a delicious bass)
Message from dlr at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] a delicious bass)
Message from leica at dmason.net (Dave Mason) ([Leica] a delicious bass)