Subject: [Leica] Re:canadian ebayer camera collection
From: jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman)
Date: Mon Sep 25 15:49:00 2006

OK.  Take a deep breath. Stop Drooling.

1. There's almost NUTTIN' in this bunch of stuff that hasn't been offered
for sale recently on THAT AUCTION SITE.
2. Most, if not nearly all the equipment has been used, to some degree.
Most is not factory mint.  If you look closely, even the stuff that's packed
in original boxes has notes along the lines of: marks on front element, some
cloudiness on rear elements, will not affect pictures, yadda yadda yadda.
3. Working condition on a lot of the gear is believed to be OK, but not
warranted.  You can find many examples of similar Leica equipment for sale
elsewhere that's had recent visits to Sherry, DAG, etc.
4. Why pay retail for a lot being, in effect, sold as if it were wholesale?
I'm sure that if $45K were such a great price Adorama or B&H would have bid
on the whole shebang.

Sounds like someone dumping their collection of buggy whips after the Model
T made a hit.

Jim Shulman
Bryn Mawr, PA