Subject: [Leica] A digital camera without.....
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Tue Sep 26 13:10:41 2006

I seldom "chimp" (ICK - I just dispise that "word"). I use the display
to review an initial setup to make sure the exposure is right, look at
the histogram, maybe play with an exposure compensation. Then I shoot.
I NEVER review. I shoot like I have film in the camera - although a
LOT of film - think motion picture roll of film. It's endless,
boundless. I bracket, I play with f-stop, but I never look at the
image on the LCD display. Often I have it  to do a very brief review -
if that.

Don correctly points out that the display is also used by the human
interface to change camera settings. Good design makes this easy. Bad
design makes it an enormous pain the behind.

I know the sports guys - who send their images off within moments of
shooting them, go through their images on almost a shot by shot basis
-- they have services on the other end of their pipeline that want
those images NOW to appear on the web or to meet deadlines. I'd hate
to shoot that way but I'm sure it will become absolutely commonplace
as the wireless equivalent of gigabit ethernet is deployed.

I'm not sure what the issue with your nose is? The surface the the LCD
is heavily protected - at least on the the digital cameras I own - I
don't worry about the darn thing.

adam

Replies: Reply from jsjgroups at gmail.com (Jerry Justianto) ([Leica] A digital camera without.....)
Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] A digital camera without.....)