Subject: [Leica] film vs. digital in my brain.
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Fri Sep 29 13:45:31 2006

While I agree with the thinking behind your comment. One can't help
but wonder at what point on the continuum the "depiction of reality"
becomes an "artistic creation." Apparently as long as the hardware
and software (or film and chemistry) and their designers and
manufacturers  make the decisions of how the "depiction" appears,
it's real. The moment that the operator of the equipment at the
computer or the lab steps into the picture - well - it becomes an
"artistic" depiction.
I think they should eliminate writers and photographers and send
robots out with recording devices. The words from the recordings can
be automatically set into type and printed along with the images
captured by the robots. ;^)

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george@imagist.com

On Sep 29, 2006, at 3:34 PM, B. D. Colen wrote:

> Simple, Philippe - one is a depiction of reality, other is a
> photographer's
> 'artistic' creation.

Replies: Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] film vs. digital in my brain.)
Reply from ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] film vs. digital in my brain.)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] film vs. digital in my brain.)