Subject: [Leica] Article about the Leica branded 25/1.4 4/3 lens
From: leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams)
Date: Sun Oct 1 19:37:14 2006

Sigma's worked with Leica before, nothing new. Plus Olympus is the 4/3's
expert here like it or not so I'm not surprised they helped with the lens.

I thought the Leica 14-25 or whatever looked "metal" when I saw it at PMA
2006. Maybe I'm wrong. If BD would just test the damn thing for us :') For
$2500, I think a Leica user would want some Metal in their lives, Runs to
the Hills or Rainbow in the Dark like Metal. Would a Leica user want to be
seen with a Poser Metal lens? Sort of like wearing a Metallica Ride the
Lightning t-shirt and listening to Enuff Z Nuff on you headphones while you
walk down 22 Acadia Ave on your way to the Hammersmith Ballroom.

I liked when Nikon brought out a "kit" lens with the D70 that was a metal
barrel, and performed like a pro lens. Every other "kit" lens is a plastic
POS. Wow, you buy a Canon semi-pro 30D and you get a $99 18-55 POS as a kit
lens. Oh well, starting to Ramble On - a non metal tune.

Chris