Subject: [Leica] Re: B&W only version of M8 - anyone else hear this?
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Tue Oct 3 15:17:50 2006

Did he forget to add.... at what price point?

Marketing parameters on anything include price.  Without the price point you
have no data.  Further, ask the audience for a non
refundable deposit.... THEN you get to the truth.....

I was on vacation when the M8 was announced so I did not get the initial
data points......... What price is expected/announced?

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

To be more specific, at last year's LHSA in SF, Stefan, from Leica,
after describing the then as yet unnamed M8, asked the audience how
many would buy a mono-chrome only version with 3x the resolution, if
that were to be produced.  Dumbfounded, half the audience raised
their hands.  That was a year ago, so I would imagine that the
Wetzlar LHSA attendees got much more detailed info in the last few days.

Tom