Subject: [Leica] Re: Announcing winners of September 2006 contest
From: montoid at earthlink.net (Montie)
Date: Tue Oct 3 15:54:38 2006

Thank you Didier...I've long admired your excellent
imagery...in fact, I remember thinking some time back
when you first posted "Ironman"..."How did he do that?"
Obviously you were on some sort of overpass, but your
timing was perfect!!!

As far as "100 years" goes...it's a personal fav.  I have a
16x20 silver print (fiber) mounted and framed which
packs a lot more punch than the jpeg!  (Shot in 1975
with an M4 and 50 cron- the old guy was a tobacconist
in Haifa Israel who was reportedly over 100 years old
and had been in the same location since long before the
second WW.

Montie

>My best congratulations to Montie.
I feel honored (and surprised) by being amongst the top three - thanks to
all others who congratulated. I expected Montie on the first place - but
with his other shot "100 years" (http://tinyurl.com/gprjo) as it's the most
contrasty b&w portrait I've ever seen.

Didier

Replies: Reply from rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] Re: Announcing winners of September 2006 contest)