Subject: [Leica] Trex answers, babyphat
From: h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche)
Date: Thu Oct 5 17:07:05 2006

Ric wrote:
>Methinks our boy likes to shoot off his chest without
viewfinder.

Now Ric, wouldn't it be embrassing to learn that,
rather than being invisible, I'm just really, really,
short? ; ^ )

Actually, I do shoot that way a lot, but mostly it's
because what I'm looking at happens so fast that
there's no time to do it any other way. What I'm
seeing I can't anticipate at all; I can't keep the
camera up all the time, but I can keep a finger on the
button. If that raises questions about cropping and
skew correction, I crop maybe one image in 10, and
never more than 20%, max. I straighten even more
infrequently, and usually when the picture is just
slightly off (2-3 degrees). Somehow that bothers me
more than a big skew.

Steve wrote:
>I "gotta" ask though... can you get these images just
by "dropping
your camera on the ground"  ?

ie. what kind of a crowd do you travel with ?

Steve, that's a question I find flattering in ways you
might not expect, but all these folks are, and always
will be, strangers to me.

Everybody, many thanks for your kind reception of, and
curiousity about, these offerings from middle
Tennesee.

Here's another:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/HarveyArche/Joplin-2004-05/album483/babyphat.jpg.html

Arche