Subject: [Leica] 6-bit codes -- Don't Bother
From: jsjgroups at gmail.com (Jerry Justianto)
Date: Sun Oct 8 00:50:30 2006

On 10/8/06, David Keenan <ausdlk@gmail.com> wrote:
> The 6-bit code does not distinguish between, for example, which of the
> three
> focal lengths a Tri-Elmar may be set to, so what processing can the camera
> actually do? None. It cannot apply the same vignetting or other algorithm
> at
> 28mm, 35mm, and 50mm.

This logic also bugging my mind :)

Anyway, it will be wise if the Software in the Camera allow us to
choose which lens that we use from a menu, so the exif will be
corrected.  Anyway most of us only bring max 5 lenses when traveling,
a quick menu for choosing lenses (a short cut to our lenses inventory
that we can set from the complete menu).

JSJ