Subject: [Leica] Digital questions . . . .
From: firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Sun Oct 8 15:10:43 2006

Norm, its a slippery slope. As for the SD cards, you can easily check
the camera's instructions at the time you buy it: they almost
certainly will upgrade the firmware to cope with 2 gb cards, I know
the DMR has a firmware upgrade to go to the 4 gb cards. Although the
reviews do not say, I know the instruction book with my cameras
quickly told you what size it would accept: if not, try it in the shop.

As for batteries, we bought the cheapest ones we could to back up the
Olympus for our trip to Antarctica and they have functioned every bit
as well as the branded one that came with the camera.

The slippery slope is the hidden cost of going digital: but you will
find out ;-)