Subject: [Leica] Kyle Cassidy: Best Travel Photographer of the Year
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Mon Oct 9 14:45:59 2006

De Stern Magazine, October 16, 2006:

"When measured in terms of pure conceit alone, Kyle Cassidy is the best
travel photographer of 2006.

'Ive never seen anyone who consistancly votes for his own work with such
enthusiasm, even in flagarent disregard for the rules of the contest,' said
Jeri Rudeskil, associate editor for Amature Travel Photographer Magazine,
'sometimes we'll come into work and see that Kyle has voted, tirelessly, for
himself for a period of maybe twenty hours in a row, logging thousands of
votes and catipulting him into the top ten.' The balding editor looks over
his thick rimmed glasses and adds, 'we usually throw them out, but his
stamina is amazing.'

Indeed, Kyle Cassidy's abilty to "toot his own horn" as they say in America
is legendary. He has been known to put on various elaborate disguises and
talk about himself at trendy Manhattan parties. Photographer Cindy Sherman
recounts one such instance:

'He was wearing a false moustache, which was odd, because he had a real one
sticking out from underneath it. He was wearing a sort of hunch-back and a
shoe that made one leg about three inches longer than the other. He was
standing next to me in Anne Liebowitz' kitchen just gushing about how great
Kyle Cassidy was. If he wasn't such an utter creep, I would find it
charming.'

Cassidy's recent travel photos of southern Florida in the United States can
be seen here:

http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/pix/travel/2006/florida06/

be prepared, they are absolutly life changing."

Replies: Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] Kyle Cassidy: Best Travel Photographer of the Year)
Reply from ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] Kyle Cassidy: Best Travel Photographer of the Year)
Reply from walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson) ([Leica] Kyle Cassidy: Best Travel Photographer of the Year)