Subject: [Leica] Replacement for the C86 printer with Ultratone (carbon)inks
From: dlr at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Mon Oct 9 23:42:39 2006

G Hopkinson wrote:
> Daniel, I'd appreciate another follow up on this once you have tested. I
> have that printer too. I ended up dissatisfied with using
> the MS ink set in an older Epson photo printer (890) for a couple of
> reasons.

Most of the problems with MIS inks stem from using pigment inks (from
them) in a printer originally designed for dye based inks. That is where
they can clog, I think.

You can test b/w for you R800 by simply downloading quadtone rip. It has
built-in support for the original inks from Epson and additionally, the
K7 inks.

You can do quite a lot with the original inks. You definitely get rid of
the color cast in b/w prints.

The cartridges probably won't get here until early next week. I'll do a
follow-up on them.

Best,
Daniel