Subject: [Leica] WAS: Party pics and such... NOW: PORT! ;-)
From: nickbroberts at yahoo.co.uk (Nick Roberts)
Date: Tue Oct 10 06:50:04 2006

My parents moved out of the house they had been in for over 30 years about 3
years ago. They had two bottles of 1947 vintage port in the wine cellar
(yes, it had a genuine one!), and so we drank them. They needed considerable
filtering, but the port was sublime - a real intensity of flavours coupled
with an incredible smoothness - better than single malt, I swear. The best
alcoholic drink I have ever tasted.

With single malt, once it's bottled, it starts to deteriorate (however
slowly!) - it might improve in the cask for many years, but after bottling
it's decaying. Port, however, improves after bottling, as with most fine
wines; so I reckon you did yourselves a favour, Ted!

Must say that port never lasts long enough to improve in my house - I adore
the stuff, so don't buy it often!

Nick