Subject: [Leica] Boy meets Leica, Boy Looses Leica, Boy gets Leica back
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Oct 10 13:31:03 2006

Fairytales are great but Ah romance!
The guy at the information booth in the Frankfurt Airport dragged me over to
the phone booth and I plied him with strange coins as he made call after
call in German, Leica, LHSA, the Murcure Hotel. His mother. Someone else's
mother, you name it. He was relentless. My plane didn't leave for 2.5 hours.

He said his phone would not reach that far but I think he'd get in trouble
trying to help me out as much as he planned.
I'll never forget this its the best "service" I've ever gotten anywhere from
anybody. In the service industry. Or any industry.
But five days later having put it on the LUG no one calls me or emails me
and I'm thinking my first M6 with Rapidwinder and 40mm Wetzlar Summicron
Leitz lens with CV finder and .... Oh black foam cover was no more in my
life. Having blended into the German bus black felt cushions.
My first body I'd gotten it 13.5 years ago and although I had a newer TTL my
later I used my  first one becuae it worked better with my favorite lens. My
compact 40mm f2 Summicron-C. A REAL Normal lens as far as I'm concerned.
50s are great but they are 6.7mm longer than true normal. And that puts a
real hard edge on your shooting you don't concentrate you miss your focus
and everything's really formalized. Flattened out. Less perspective. Might
was well shoot with a 60. Or a 55 micro Nikkor as I've been doing. Give me a
kinder gentler 40. Take back your 35s and 50s.

So Karen says why don't I ask Madge of course the obvious thing to do so
Madge has it and thought the German something or others would have told me.
I promised Karen (my X) an Ice cream pie.
That's what came out of my mouth at the time.
Any such thing as an ice cream pie?!!!

If not why not!???

Lets make millions!!!

I'll have a slice of ice cream pie with hot sliced apples on the side
please.
Ice cream pie al la mode.

Dogless homeless but not Leica less.

Mark Rabiner

And not airplanes landing on my Van less.

JFK runway

http://rabinergroup.com/

Stay tuned next week for markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Boy meets Leica, Boy Looses Leica, Boy gets Leica back)
Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Boy meets Leica, Boy Looses Leica, Boy gets Leica back)