Subject: [Leica] Vastly OT: Kippered Herring
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Wed Oct 11 04:43:01 2006

Hi Daniel, no I don't mean smoked fish is exotic. It's just the
quintessential UK dish in the media, and I thought would be fun to
start a food thread. We're pretty heavily into seafood over this way. Some
80% of our 20 million live on the coast. The only issue
is that often our best produce goes overseas as domestic prices are much
lower. This month, I've had fresh prawns (shrimp to our USA
LUG folk), grilled barramundi, wonderful fresh mud crab, lobster (crayfish)
and today some seafood Laksa, Vietnamese style, lots of
prawns, fish, scallops, coriander, spices, chilli, rice vermicelli, mint,
chilli, chilli paste, sprouts, clear stock, did I mention
chilli?
There's a Nordic chef on one of the lifestyle channels that I'd love to have
cater for a dinner party. Actually I don't recall any
recipes that appealed, but... Nigella in the UK, similarly for her lush
goodies.
Hey I'm starting to think that food might be fun as a contest theme.
Cheers
Hoppy heading for the kitchen