Subject: [Leica] Visoflex on MP (II or III, bellows or....)
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Tue Oct 17 09:34:41 2006

At 7:55 AM -0700 10/17/06, Ralph W. Schardt Photography wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I'm a professional photographer who has recently re-embraced film in
>my work.  As a result, I bought an MP with  35, 50 and 90mm lenses.
>One of my frustrations with the Leica system is trying to do closeup
>work.  I did not purchase the 90mm macro as I didn't want to have to
>buy the additional viewfinder to make it work.  However, I just
>picked up a nice (mint) visoflex bellows at a garage sale for near
>to nothing and I'm thinking about the visoflex SLR contraption.
>
>I'm trying to find out what I need to make this intriguing
>contraption work on my MP with my current lenses.  I know I need the
>Visolex II or III veiwfinder/mirror device, but I'm wondering who
>has experience with this setup and if anyone can give me advice on
>what I need to do close-up photography with my Leica.
>
>I apologize in advance for the seemingly naive approach to my quest,
>but I LOVE the Leica and my digitals have been sitting in a corner
>collecting dust lately....
>
>Best to All,
>
>Ralph
>
>Ralph W. Schardt, Photography
>1461 Darlene Ave.,
>San Jose, CA  95125
>business: 408.344.0404
>fax: 408.978.2681
>email: rwsphotography@earthlink.net

Have a look at:

http://elshaw.tripod.com/Visoflex/Visoflex.html

It has most of the Visoflex information you need. The other thing you
might be interested in is the selection of adapter rings that go in
the front of the Bellows II to allow all the various lenses/lens
heads to be used directly on the bellows and focus to infinity. This
includes almost all lenses from 65mm on up. For extreme closeups
shorter lenses of almost any focal length/type can be attached.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design