Subject: [Leica] LUG embroided chemises?
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Tue Oct 17 11:47:01 2006

I guess caf?press are not making serigraphic textile prints, which needs a
certain edition size to be economic. Most likely these prints were made on
transfer foils, mirror-invertedly, then applied with heat on the cloth. If
they're not already separating before, such prints usually do it at the
latest after one or a few washings. I have kept some self serigraphed shirts
and jerseys from the eighties and nineties, which have been washed and
washed again - the cotton is strongly bleached, but not the prints.

Let me make a proposal:

If we can get an edition of at least 3 dozens together, I could let fine
quality shirts embroided with the LUG emblem, with free choice of size and
of colors for chemises and embroidings. No T-shirts or jerseys, real
gentlemen's shirts with collar, cuff, regular front buttons or
pearl-of-mother pushbuttons on demand. The cut is something between Hawai
and Nashville country look. Very cool.

My textile printer here, one of the best in our country, just puts sizes and
colors in his computer, and the whole stuff is automaticly produced and
embroided in Asia a week or two later. Color changes from sample to sample
without additional costs. Adding the 2nd shipping from here to the LUGgers,
it's not that fast and cheap as caf?press, but better. BTW caf?press isn't
really cheap.

So if there's some interest, I could work out an offer with sample pictures
and prices. All I need is the vectorized LUG emblem in EPS or ai, or at
least a good pixel artwork.

Didier

Replies: Reply from harrison at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary) ([Leica] LUG embroided chemises?)
Message from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] LUG T-shirts,etc.)