Subject: [Leica] URGENT - UK Leica M repair man? - NOW Thanks
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Thu Oct 19 04:09:50 2006

Dear all who offered solace and advice,

thanks for your advice. In the end I talked to my local Dealer. To cut a
long
story short, because the lug had pulled clean away the repair guys felt that
they would be unable to do a good enough job - I don't want a repair
damaging
the film (why isn't there a plate behind the lugs? doesn't smack of German
design superiority, does it?).

We finally decided to get an estimate from Leica UK for that and a CLA.
Leica's
only concern was if the body was damaged. They also said that they could
repair
the vulcanite which had begun to flake when the lug came away.

Will let you know how things go and how much it ends up costing

Peter Dzwig