Subject: [Leica] New Zeiss M mount lens
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Thu Oct 19 16:55:32 2006

Henning, understood regarding the VC lens as well.  I had the 25 for a brief
time and it seemed to work well. Lovely compact thing,
too. I confess I traded it away. Price wise I would think that the Zeiss
designs (the Cosina made ones) ought to continue between
the CV's and the Leicas. So expanded choices can only be a good thing. Also
the new Zeiss releases seem aimed to revive the
character of their classic designs? For my preferences, the main role of a
21 would be to later approximate the 28 on a camera with
a 1.33 crop. But then those are awfully big shoes to fill. I love my 28
asph.  The 21's though are of course quite bulky, at least
the faster ones (don't even mention the prices). Dare I say it, I'd love for
the M9's sensor to end up full size, to preserve the
positions of the current lenses. I'll probably be a basket case in a nursing
home by then. I don't mean the M8 sensor won't produce
all of the quality we love, just that dang crop factor messes things up for
me. Of course the loss at the wide end also produces
great short teles from the standards. Sigh.

Cheers
Hoppy