Subject: [Leica] Great catch
From: michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema)
Date: Tue Oct 24 15:15:24 2006

Hi,

Can't help it but I have to share this with you.
Somebody was cleaning out the closet of his deceased father and found an
old slide projector. He advertised it at the local classifieds site.
Guess what, he sold it to me.
At last I've found a way to marry my Rollei mf slides with a Leitz piece
of equipment. I just bought a Prado 66.
I was a bit concerned if the lamps are still available. They seem to be,
but at a high cost. Guess what, the former owner worked for Philips and
I got 4 spare bulbs with it.
An half hour before that I finally found a 3.5f in good but user
condition. Turned out to be a late white face version. Not nice enough
for a collector but very capable for me as an user. The former owner
sold it because he 'upgraded' to digital. Can't wait to shoot some of
the new b/w slide film of Rollei

One of the best evenings I had in quit some time.

Cheers,

Michiel Fokkema

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] Great catch)