Subject: [Leica] OT, Tired of Being Hosed on International Photo (& other)Equipment?
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Thu Oct 26 09:31:12 2006

Hi Joe,

They tried to charge me 17 times the Canada Post 'brokerage fee' (i.e.
exclusive of the GST which was owed) for a $180 item. I fought them,
successfully, and got a 'good will' adjustment. They claim that they only
offer goodwill once BTW.

This excessive brokerage usually turns out to be just short of the UPS for
next day air service and as such only applied to ground shipments.

I hope the class action suit goes through. They are overdue for a legal
slapping.

Regards,

Greg