Subject: [Leica] M8 and the Future
From: bd at bdcolenphoto.com (B. D. Colen)
Date: Thu Oct 26 14:51:02 2006

It was a subscription-only site someone pointed me to - and let me into -
with an extremely extensive, two-part review by someone who is clearly an M
enthusiast, but noted the short comings. I don't have it book-marked, but am
trying to get the name of it.

As to the question of whether I think it will be a pro or an 'am' camera -
no, I don't think many will sell to working pros, although some undoubtedly
will. But we agree that most sales will be to enthusiasts. I think that if
it was weather sealed, and had really good high iso performance, even with
the 1.3 crop factor it would have a much bigger pro market.