Subject: [Leica] How much for a Nocti
From: cummer at netvigator.com (Howard Cummer)
Date: Thu Oct 26 17:22:04 2006

Hello Mark,
Some bystander colour on your Nocti story:
The person on the bus with the 1.2 Nocti is Erik  - a Master Brewer
from Denmark - he has built or helped improve breweries all over the
world including Tsing Tao in China. He has two Nocti 1.2's - the user
one which you and I saw - as well as a collector condition one at
home. When he came home from each of his offshore assignments he
would treat himself to a new piece of Leica equipment. He told me he
has never sold any of it. It was interesting that when Ralph
Hagenauer saw Erik's lens with a filter on it - he told Erik to take
it off. Erik asked Ralph if he got a scratch on the front element
could it be repaired. Ralph said the front element coating was very
hard. Erik replied - "with such an answer I think I will keep on the
filter."
Cheers
Howard (in Hot Hong Kong)

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] How much for a Nocti)