Subject: [Leica] 6 bit code installed by Leica
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Sat Oct 28 17:30:07 2006

Howard, if that's so, then you'd think that there ought to have been a big
stockpile of machined mounts, all quality checked and
awaiting mounting, a few paint dots and cleanup. So, no excuse at all for
letting a sub-standard one through. I wonder, too if the
old mounts might be recycled? Heck they could return them to the owners as
proof of fitting the new part, for that matter. Hard to
believe that they would simply bin all of the existing mounts.
Cheers
Hoppy