Subject: [Leica] OT - Memory stick lost capacity
From: dnaplasmid at compwrx.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Sun Oct 29 06:53:24 2006

I have not been able to find the right key words to Google my problem.  I
know there are a lot of very computer savvey people on the LUG so I thought
I'd ask here.  A friend called me yesterday and said his Kingston Data
Traveler 256MB memory stick is only showing up at 24MB.  Somehow he lost
about 90% of his capacity.  I had him check to see that there were no other
partitions that showed up when he plugged it in and he said no.   I
suggested he copy his files to the hard drive and reformat.  Not sure if
this is possible for a memory stick, so I told him I'd try to find out.
Checked Kingston's web site fAQ's and haven't found out much.  Does anyone
on the LUG know how to regain that capacity? OS is Windows XP.

Aram

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] OT - Memory stick lost capacity)