Subject: [Leica] Epson R-D1 vs. M8? Chimping
From: ausdlk at gmail.com (David Keenan)
Date: Mon Oct 30 15:12:48 2006

You guys are doing a good job convincing me to reconsider my previous
posting.

Okay, chimping (or not) is dependent on the situation.

For street photography (which the Leica is made for IMHO), it is to be
avoided. At least until seated at a nice coffee shop with one's favorite
beverage.

For other more static situations, it has its value.

But I still think that it looks silly. There one is holding their $5000
camera with their $2000 lens with head a-bobbing like all the P&S dummies
with their cheapie Kodaks, etc.

Dave.

--
My Photography: http://www.david-keenan.com