Subject: [Leica] M8, 1,2,3, Common sense
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Tue Oct 31 05:19:30 2006

I believe that Canon's use of the FF sensor started out primarily as a way
to gain a foothold on the medium format market.  Which has worked out pretty
well for them.  In studio's and in the field you can get 90% or so of the
new medium format backs out of the MkII which means for a lot of folks that
they just saved a chunk of money.

I am not sure how the 5D is doing in the market.  I do know that the D200 is
just getting out of back order and is now generally available most places in
NA.  I suspect that pricing has a lot to do with that, but that is the point
of this discussion.  Nikon can sell an APS-C sensor camera for around 50%
less than the full frame sensor from a competitor and is selling a lot more
boxes with end results almost as good.  Which is where Leica came in, great
results in a smaller package.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com