Subject: [Leica] M8 and the Future
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Tue Oct 31 19:09:46 2006

I don't think so.... there are master film rolls that are X inches across
and "miles" long.  These are then slit ( cut) to whatever
width, and later cut to length.  You can still buy 20x24 inch  film.  You
can still buy Minox flm.  Same master roll ( well, in
principle at least...)

However I do subscribe to the principle that whatever size image produces
the best image is the right proportions....

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Formats are fixed because we have to make emulsions by machine to
keep it cheap and easy.

Replies: Reply from ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] M8 and the Future)