Subject: [Leica] Printing on Glossy Paper
From: dlr at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Wed Nov 1 00:20:42 2006

David Rodgers wrote:

> I'm still undecided in terms of which way to go for BW. I know that the
> K7 inks are readily swappable with the OEM Epson inks. I don't know how
> practical it is to switch, with cleaning cycles wasted ink, etc. I've
> read nothing but positive about the K7 inks, aside from the cost.

Just download Quadtone RIP and use the curves for Epson's inks rather
than the K7 inks. You can get very nice results. That way you wouldn't
even have to change inks to go from color to b/w. Quadtone RIP comes
with curves for two sets of inks: K7 and Epson's own.

> I need to make a final decision papers and BW inks. But it's not been
> easy. The good news is that a lot of things seem to work well. Much
> better than a few years ago.

There are a lot of nice papers out there. I keep coming back to Epson
Enhanced Matte. Nice for color and for b/w. Not very sexy, but reliable.

Daniel