Subject: [Leica] M8 and the Future
From: walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson)
Date: Wed Nov 1 07:28:14 2006

Doggone it David

I have to agree that
1. Love Rollies
2 .Looks  great on my mid range monitor
3. Daniel is certainly a man of talents
4. Aye, there's the rub.   Only my opinion it seems but:

    a. The building and water shot is fabulously fit into a square
    b. The beautiful young ladies modeling  are great shots but I'd have
moved to the right. Bring the foggy background closer to her right. Same
with the rocks.
    c. The boat fits a square and floats well.
    d. The boy in the chair and the boy and girl with hot dog are not
compositionally sound.
    e. The great shot of the two young ladies together does a few things
that bother me. Cropping fingers off hands, etc. Great expressions and
relationship but da  fingers da         fingers.....The barrel and cup
as well. If it's worth cutting in half it's worth leaving out.
    f.  The young lad on the fence is another fantastic shot. Love it.
Square and all.
    g. The two men fit a vertical format not a square.
    h. The young lad in the hallway is really interesting. The blurred
figure works well. The image also works well if the man were
Photoshopped out and we just see the boy.
        Something about his expression and the hallway behind makes it
almost surreal.

Great work Daniel and I'm only putting forth an opinion about fitting
things into a square.

Walt