Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 33, Issue 181
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Wed Nov 1 08:55:11 2006

Lawrence Zeitlin writes in part:

> On Nov 1, 2006, at 1:15 AM, Don wrote:
>
> > The IIIG was last built in what 1960 and the company will still
> > repair it if you send it off to Germany.

> Leica, USA said that my 1954 IIIf was too old for factory repair and
> referred me to DAG or Sherry Krauter. Sherry said she could repair it
> but she was too swamped with older Ms that Leica refused to repair in
> the USA. Canon has a 10 year limit on the availability of repairs

Larry,

For proper repair including replacement parts, LTM cameras need to be sent
to just one source; Kindermann Canada. Gerry Smith is getting close to
retirement but he is the only Leica tech I use and his reputation for
topnotch repair is on par with DAG. Turnaround is 2 weeks or less, from the
time the camera is sent to him and returned to you.

Additionally, Kindermann bought up large quantities of LTM parts from Leica
several years back.

Regards,

Greg

Greg J. Lorenzo