Subject: [Leica] M8 & Depth of Field --BAH!
From: leewaileong19 at yahoo.com (Lee Wai Leong)
Date: Wed Nov 1 17:19:47 2006

"Lee - I use hyperfocal focusing all the time using the DOF scales on
my Leica M lenses.  Are you saying that this won't be accurate with
the M8 because of the cropping factor?"

  Tina-- Yes, that's right. I explained already in another post. With the
smaller sensor, your enlargement factor will be larger, hence what's
previously borderline sharp enough on 35 mm film will no longer be sharp
enough on the M8.

  I think you should use the DOF markings for at least 1-2 stops wider, so
if you want to shoot at F8, use the DOF markings for F4 or F5.6.

  Wai Leong
  ===