Subject: [Leica] Re: Lug Contest Themes...
From: firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Thu Nov 2 21:37:32 2006

LUG prints is a group of 15 luggers who are exchanging prints on a 3
monthly (or so) rotation. It was originally run by Eric Merrill and has
been a great success: we have mostly digital ink jet and otherwise
printers and a few luggites (me included) who keep up the old darkroom
"end". I'm sure you would be welcome if someone drops out, we have decided
to keep the number "limited" as printing would become impossible
otherwise.

FOM2 was a project I ran for 5 years on the LUG. We celebrated the M
series camera and the 50th anniversary of the Family of Man exhibition
from 1955 by submitting Leica shots over 5 years to make a final selection
of 500 images: the final results can be seen at:

www.familyofman2.com

I am trying to work on a book and trying to get Leica interested in the
final result, but I freely admit to being overwhelmed this year and
progress has been slow

Cheers