Subject: [Leica] Re:M8 DNG vs DMR DNG
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Thu Nov 2 22:00:14 2006

Mehrdad, I'm not sure what you are getting at. Certainly Adobe have a vested
interest, good on them, that's good business practice
and the market will decide. However, I think this may have come up before
and I wouldn't want to cause any sort of discord.
I support Adobe's idea and I hope it becomes widely supported by many
manufacturers.
If you buy an M8 it comes bundled with software to access the files, as you
noted, and you don't pay extra for proprietary software
to access some of the RAW file information. Or of course, if you have
Photoshop, as many keen photographers do, you can get a free
plug in RAW converter. Other software companies can use the DNG standard
right now. You can choose their software if you prefer.
Cheers
Hoppy