Subject: [Leica] Don's PAW week 43 a walk around the block or maple leaves for Ted
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Nov 5 09:58:51 2006

Don Dory offered:
Subject: [Leica] Don's PAW week 43 a walk around the block or maple leaves
for Ted

> Looking at the proposed contest rules for November starting with red, I
> took
> a walk around the block on Friday.  First up are some maple leaves for Ted
> and our other Canadian friends:
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DoryG/On-the-road/album337/PAW+43/overlappingmapleleaves.jpg.html
>
> Next is a bit of an experiment where I was trying for an abstract look but
> there were issues in the conversion from ProfotoRGB to sRGB:
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DoryG/On-the-road/album337/PAW+43/painterlymaple.jpg.html

Hey hey Don,
Nice maple leaves on the first one all right. One might think they're
transplanted Canadian's! ;-)  I believe referred to in Florida as "Snow
Birds!" ;-)

The second one you might get away with referring to it as a "swishy-pan" as
I call some of my sport shooting when I get tired and have difficulty
holding the long glass steady. :-) Hey at least I admit it and make do with
something else.

The younger guys say... "There's the old guy doing his "sport art swishy
pan" stuff!" When they see me swinging the camera with the moving athletes.
:-)

ted