Subject: [Leica] anyone up for making a digital file format FAQ?
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Sun Nov 5 21:49:09 2006

Aah, I never lay down my arms. I just don't choose to negotiate with the
enemy.
I worked as a technical writer for a Defence consultant for some time.
Having survived applying some very proscriptive formatting to
complex technical manuals authored in Framemaker by non-native English
speaking nations and suffered through behemoth MS Word docs
not at all suited to the task, I really like PDF's. You don't author in
them, just distill the content from other apps and publish
as a PDF. What I publish you can print and it will look just like what I
gave you, even cross-platform. And I can control the doc
completely. But then I'm hard copy oriented. I do have a range of web
authoring tools but no experience. M's to use, darkroom to
work on, so much Photoshop to master, so little time. However, I'm sure
Brian has valid technical reasons and he's suggesting the
most vanilla of options, to be turned into something publishable.

Cheers
Hoppy
Shooting Delta 100 in the M7 today.