Subject: [Leica] 2500 ISO
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Mon Nov 6 06:16:59 2006

Maybe because he does not have $5K sitting around to spend on a digital
camera?  You do not need to test drive a $5K camera to know
this....

He did allow for pros to make it worthwhile for their purposes ( making a
living).....

I don't get it....  why is there a predilection on this list to be only
interested in a professional point of view, yet most of the
subscribers are amateurs?

You want the truth?  The thing is priced $3.5K to 4.5K more than I want to
spend on a digital camera, SLR or RF, Leica or Nikon ( I
have a Nikon F4 with lenses).  I could care less what features it has
compared to N or C or anyone else.  I just do not have $5K
sitting around either for this or any other digital camera. Plus the time
and money to purchase SW, learn that software, get a color
printer, etc.  It is just simply not in the cards for me, and I suspect a
lot of other LUG members.  If I were a pro, the decision
making process would be different.

Try to be realistic and sensitive to us amateurs that are not rich enough or
who make the decision to NOT purchase the most recent
whiz bang thing from Leica.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

>I know people will say 'rangefinder' or 'Leica' but the bang for the
>buck is just not there as a photographic tool, IMHO. On the other
>hand, it qualifies extremely well as an inexpensive piece of
>handmade jewellery.....
>Cheers
>Jayanand

How can you say this when you haven't even used one?  Mine certainly
won't be jewelery.  I'll use it to make my living, along with my
SLRs.  Rangefinders are better for some uses and the M8 is a rangefinder.

Tina