Subject: [Leica] Mac query
From: firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Wed Nov 8 18:25:48 2006

> Sounds like you may have some disk directory problems. I don't know
> how to install AddressBook  alone (perhaps a custom installation from
> the OS dvd?) but the first thing that I would do is run a disk
> utility like Disk Warrior and try to clean up the directories, then
> try something like Tech Tool 4.
>
> When I had problems with disappearing programs a year or so ago it
> turned out to be disk corruption caused by a failing power supply.
> Replacement of the power supply  and the above 2 utilities fixed
> everything. Disappearing programs is not normal behavior.
>
> Allen

No, it has me a bit worried: these things are so fragile and they don't
cough and splutter like an old car, they just die ;-)

Thanks for the imput, I'll run my diagnositics

Cheers

Alastair

Message from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] Mac query)
Message from allen.graves at charter.net (Allen Graves) ([Leica] Mac query)