Subject: [Leica] OT: Maybe dumb question on M8
From: rdandcb at home.netspeed.com.au (Rick Dykstra)
Date: Fri Nov 10 18:53:09 2006

I'm sure I'm just being snobbish but whenever I see someone holding a
camera at arms length in front of them rather than to their eye I
can't help but think something like, "Amateur!" or "Donkey" or the like.

It's not possible to look properly at two things at once, especially
if they are at greatly varying eye focussing distances.  Shooting
through a Leica rangefinder is quite the thing for making wonderful
photos - though it takes time for this to become apparent.  Problem
is, most folks choosing to buy and use digitals have already decided
they don't have time, either to wait for photos to be developed or to
learn how to use and appreciate a quality camera.

End of snobbishness.  hehe

Rick.