Subject: [Leica] M8 in Palo Alto
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Sat Nov 11 15:11:56 2006

Yup, M8 is definitely an M8. The size, weight, shape, and of course the
viewfinder say, :Leica M: The shutter sound is different, yet... very
similar to low speed on the film Ms. Imagine the sound of the 1/15 on a
film M sped up. Here's my obligatory "test" picture:
http://www.dragonsgate.net/pub/richard/PICS/L1000005.jpg

75/1.4 'lux at 1.4

The ISO 1250 shots look worse than the RD-1 at 1600, IMHO, but that's a
very unscientific observation. Apparently there are now 28 people on the
K&S waiting list :-) and the Norcal rep. says he has 250 camera in the
first batch and of course they are all accounted for.

Too bad there are 5003 reasons not to buy it: the first 5000 are the killer
reasons, the last 3 are nits:
- 5001: lack of shutter arm (no biggie)
- 5002: various white balance, banding issues (almost certainly software
fixable)
- 5003: magenta black (almost certainly don't happen all that often "in
real life" and most likely will be fixed one way or the other)

Now to address the first 5000 reasons...

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Replies: Reply from richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard) ([Leica] M8 in Palo Alto)
Reply from leicaluvr at comcast.net (Tom Schofield) ([Leica] M8 in Palo Alto)
Message from pmcc_2000 at yahoo.com (pmcc) ([Leica] M8 in Palo Alto)